- Sun, 9th December 2018
10:00 am - 12:30 pm
- Dear friends, the event has reached its capacity. Please visit this page again as vacancies may become available. If you've registered before but have changed your mind, please send us an email to cancel your registration and make space for our friends on the waiting list. Thank you! Contact us here: https://www.joyfulgarden.sg/contact/
Click here for a description of these practices
- 09:30 Check-in
- 10:00 Welcome & Introduction
- 10:15 Songs & Dances a.k.a. Mindful Movements
- 11:00 Concurrent Activities
- Guided Sitting Meditation for adults & teenagers
- Children activities
- 11:30 Happy Snacking a.k.a. Mindful Eating
- 11:45 Storytelling a.k.a. Sharing Circle
- 12:30 Farewell
- Wear/bring something to KEEP WARM if you get COLD easily
- A CUSHION/yoga MAT/folded TOWEL to sit on
- A WATER BOTTLE/flask for water and making hot tea
This will be a time for family members (couples, partners, caregivers, parents with children, or teachers who work with children) to spend time together through a series of mindfulness activities. It comes from an observed need that many of us who have to attend to our children or loved ones find it difficult to attend the monthly days of mindfulness. It is, however, not meant to be a restriction. If you feel that this is an event for you, you are more than welcome to join us.
- It would be much appreciated if you could kindly be present by 9.45am so that the programme can start on time, and you yourself will have ample time to gently slow down and relax into the practice.
- If you are new to this venue, please take some time to read the direction today.
- Please leave your footwear on the shoe racks on the ground floor or basement.
If you cannot come to this practice, please inform us as soon as possible, so that space can be given to those on the Waiting List.
Our event is organised wholly on a volunteer basis and collectively funded by participants including the organising team. Your donation contributes towards venue rental and other operating costs. Surplus, if any, will go into supporting shortfalls at future activities.
Venue: Poh Ming Tse Temple
Venue Phone: 6466 0785
Venue Website: http://www.pmt.org.sg/about/contact-us.aspAddress:
How to Get There
By Downtown Line MRT (Blue Line)
- Alight at DT8 Tan Kah Kee MRT Station.
- Take “Exit B” to Dunearn Road.
- Then walk towards the traffic flow until you reach Shelford Road.
By Circle Line MRT (Yellow Line)
- Alight at CC19 Botanic Gardens MRT Station..
- Take ‘Exit to Botanic Gardens’.
- You can either walk for 10 -15 min or take 66, 67, 74, 151, 154, 156, 157, 170, 171, 174, 852 or 961 heading towards Bt Timah Road.
- Alight at the 2nd bus stop, in front of Coronation Plaza and use the overhead bridge to cross the road.
- Then walk against the traffic flow until you reach Shelford Road.
- Bus Numbers: 66, 67, 74, 151, 154, 156, 157, 170, 171, 174, 852, 961
- From WEST, alight at the bus stop right after Watten Estate Road and Shelford Road.
- From EAST, alight at the bus stop in front of Coronation Plaza and use the overhead bridge to cross the road. Then walk against the traffic flow until you reach Shelford Road.
- From WEST, exit PIE into Eng Neo Avenue, then turn LEFT into Dunearn Road.
- OR From EAST, exit PIE into Adam Road, then turn RIGHT into Bukit Timah Road.
- After Duchess Road, keep RIGHT.
- When near Hwa Chong Junior College, U-turn into Dunearn Road.
- Along Dunearn Road, keep LEFT. After Watten Estate Road, turn LEFT into Shelford Rd.
- Slow down before entering the basement carpark on your LEFT.