- 8 December 2019
10:00 - 16:00
- 09:30 Check-in
- 10:00 Welcome & Introduction
- 10:15 Guided Sitting Meditation
- 11:00 Dharma Talk Video
- 12:00 Mindful Eating
- 13:00 Total Relaxation
- 14:00 Mindful Movements/Walking
- 14:30 Sharing Circles
- 16:00 Farewell
- Your own LUNCH and CUTLERY. As we are trying our best to practise mindful and compassionate eating, we encourage you to bring a plant-based meal and avoid disposable plastic cutlery and food containers (we have some to lend, if needed).
- A YOGA MAT/towel to lie down on, for Total Relaxation
- A WATER BOTTLE/flask for water and making hot tea
- Wear/bring something to KEEP WARM if you get COLD easily
- Our Day of Mindfulness is organised wholly on a volunteer basis and collectively funded by participants including the organising team.
- Your donation goes towards the expenses of operating our practice centre (main cost is rent of $3,000/month).
- NO AMOUNT IS TOO SMALL AND ANY CONTRIBUTION IS APPRECIATED. Feel free to make your contribution in cash or via PayNow at the event.
- This event is OPEN TO all ages, including CHILDREN. However, there is no separate programme for them, so parents/guardians are advised to mindfully tend to children when they are irritable/noisy so that a conducive environment is maintained, especially for sitting meditation and total relaxation.
- Access to the venue is BY STAIRS ONLY. If this poses a challenge, please contact us so that we can be aware of the extent of this issue as we continue to seek a solution.
- It would be much appreciated if you could kindly be present by 9.45am so that the programme can start on time, the sitting meditation won’t get interrupted by people coming in, and you yourself will have ample time to gently slow down and relax into the practice.
- If you are new to this venue, please take some time to read the direction today.
- If you cannot come to this practice, please inform us as soon as possible, so that space can be given to others.
Venue: Sangha Home @ Lavender
Our centre is located at the 4th level in a row of old shophouses at the corner of Lavender Street and Jalan Besar. The ground floor entrance is between a religious goods shop and an auto-repair/tyre shop. There is a signboard on the building facade saying “The Association of Nanyang University Graduates”. At the stairway there is a drink vending machine.
Note: Access is BY STAIRS ONLY. If this poses a challenge, please contact us so that we can be aware of the extent of this issue as we continue to seek a solution.
- MRT: the nearest MRT stations are Bendemeer station (550m, ~7min walk). Farrer Park station (700m, ~9min).
- Bus: the nearest bus stops are 07351 (“Arc 380”) and 07359 (“Opp Arc 380”)
- Car: there are parking lots located at
- Beatty Road: behind the shophouses, open air parking
- Kempas Road (limited lots): across Lavender Street, open air parking (free on Sunday/Public Holiday).