- 19 May 2019
10:00 - 16:00
- 09:30 Check-in
- 10:00 Welcome & Introduction
- 10:15 Guided Sitting Meditation
- 11:00 Dharma Talk Video
- 12:00 Mindful Eating
- 13:00 Total Relaxation
- 14:00 Mindful Movements/Walking
- 14:30 Sharing Circles
- 16:00 Farewell
- Your own LUNCH (vegetarian, ok to include egg and dairy, i.e. lacto-ovo vegetarian) and CUTLERY. We are trying our best to reduce food waste and minimize the use of disposable food containers.
- Wear/bring something to KEEP WARM if you get COLD easily
- A yoga mat/towel to lie down on, for Total Relaxation
- A WATER BOTTLE/flask for water and making hot tea
- This event is open to all ages, including children. However, there is no separate programme for them and parents/guardians are advised to mindfully move children away when they are irritable/noisy so that a conducive environment is maintained, especially for sitting meditation and total relaxation.
- It would be much appreciated if you could kindly be present by 9.45am so that the programme can start on time, the sitting meditation won’t get interrupted by people coming in, and you yourself will have ample time to gently slow down and relax into the practice.
- If you are new to this venue, please take some time to read the direction today.
If you cannot come to this practice, please inform us as soon as possible, so that space can be given to those on the Waiting List.
Our Day of Mindfulness is organised wholly on a volunteer basis and collectively funded by participants including the organising team. Your donation contributes towards venue rental and other operating costs. Surplus, if any, will go into supporting shortfalls at future DOM and other Dharma activities. Please feel free to make your contribution in cash at the event.