- 14 October 2018
10:00 - 16:00
- Dear friends, the venue has a capacity of 60 people. To ensure a conducive environment for the activities, we'd like to ask for your kindness and attention to register online if you plan to come and come if you have registered. Walk-ins are regrettably not accepted. Registration closes on the Thursday before the event, or when capacity has been reached, whichever is earlier. The operating costs of the event are supported entirely by voluntary contribution at door.
Click here for a description of these practices
- 09:30 Check-in
- 10:00 Welcome & Introduction
- 10:15 Guided Sitting Meditation
- 11:00 Dharma Talk Video
- 12:00 Mindful Eating
- 13:00 Total Relaxation
- 14:00 Mindful Movements/Walk
- 14:30 Sharing Circles
- 16:00 Farewell
- Your own LUNCH (vegetarian, ok to include egg and dairy, i.e. lacto-ovo vegetarian) and CUTLERY. We are trying our best to reduce food waste and minimize the use of disposable food containers.
- Wear/bring something to KEEP WARM if you get COLD easily
- A CUSHION/yoga MAT/folded TOWEL to sit on for the whole day (there are limited chairs for sitting)
- The same yoga mat/towel to lie down on, for Total Relaxation
- A WATER BOTTLE/flask for water and making hot tea
- Please avoid including the following in your meal: onion, garlic, and leek. This is out of respect for the temple and its other guests.
- This event is open to all ages, including children. However, there is no separate programme for them and parents/guardians are advised to mindfully move children away when they are irritable/noisy so that a conducive environment is maintained, especially for sitting meditation and total relaxation.
- It would be much appreciated if you could kindly be present by 9.45am so that the programme can start on time, the sitting meditation won’t get interrupted by people coming in, and you yourself will have ample time to gently slow down and relax into the practice.
- If you are new to this venue, please take some time to read the direction today.
- Please leave your footwear on the shoe racks on the ground floor or basement.
If you cannot come to this practice, please inform us as soon as possible, so that space can be given to those on the Waiting List.
Our Day of Mindfulness is organised wholly on a volunteer basis and collectively funded by participants including the organising team. Your donation contributes towards venue rental ($720) and other operating costs. Surplus, if any, will go into supporting shortfalls at future DOM and other Dharma activities. Please feel free to make your contribution in cash at the event.
Venue: Poh Ming Tse Temple
Venue Phone: 6466 0785
Venue Website: http://www.pmt.org.sg/about/contact-us.aspAddress:
How to Get There
By Downtown Line MRT (Blue Line)
- Alight at DT8 Tan Kah Kee MRT Station.
- Take “Exit B” to Dunearn Road.
- Then walk towards the traffic flow until you reach Shelford Road.
By Circle Line MRT (Yellow Line)
- Alight at CC19 Botanic Gardens MRT Station..
- Take ‘Exit to Botanic Gardens’.
- You can either walk for 10 -15 min or take 66, 67, 74, 151, 154, 156, 157, 170, 171, 174, 852 or 961 heading towards Bt Timah Road.
- Alight at the 2nd bus stop, in front of Coronation Plaza and use the overhead bridge to cross the road.
- Then walk against the traffic flow until you reach Shelford Road.
- Bus Numbers: 66, 67, 74, 151, 154, 156, 157, 170, 171, 174, 852, 961
- From WEST, alight at the bus stop right after Watten Estate Road and Shelford Road.
- From EAST, alight at the bus stop in front of Coronation Plaza and use the overhead bridge to cross the road. Then walk against the traffic flow until you reach Shelford Road.
- From WEST, exit PIE into Eng Neo Avenue, then turn LEFT into Dunearn Road.
- OR From EAST, exit PIE into Adam Road, then turn RIGHT into Bukit Timah Road.
- After Duchess Road, keep RIGHT.
- When near Hwa Chong Junior College, U-turn into Dunearn Road.
- Along Dunearn Road, keep LEFT. After Watten Estate Road, turn LEFT into Shelford Rd.
- Slow down before entering the basement carpark on your LEFT.